CHEMICAL DUST HAZARDS
- Worker exposure to mineral elements like silica dust causes respiratory problems, from chronic bronchitis to lung cancer.
- Worker exposure to metallic elements, such as cadmium, beryllium, arsenic, chromium, and lead, causes neurological, gastrointestinal and reproductive damage.
- Cadmium: 5 µg/m3
- Zinc oxide: 15 mg/m3
- Chromium: 5 µg/m3
- Iron oxide: 15 mg/m3
- Cobalt: 1 mg/m3
- What type of cartridge and filter media is best?
- Is an intermittent-duty, continuous-duty or variable frequency collector best?
- Are explosion protection controls required?
- Which style and size configuration are best?
- Will the dust collector use compressed air?
Industrial Dust Collectors Contain Dangerous Chemical DustsOSHA recommends that facilities maintain workplace air quality through “engineering and work practice controls” where feasible. Dust collection systems are the most cost-effective way to improve air quality in a chemical manufacturing or processing facility. They work around the clock, using advanced filtration technology to safely capture and contain airborne dust and contaminants. Camfil APC’s premium-quality dust collectors cost-effectively collect many types of chemical dust, including toxic dusts, combustible dusts, cross contaminant dusts, and nuisance dust. They ensure that all employees can work safely in facilities where toxic chemical dusts are present. They:
- Save time, money and energy on dust collection
- Protect people, property and environment from dust hazards
- Prevent cross contamination
- Satisfy compliance with OSHA, NFPA and EPA
The Gold Series dust collector performs well iin applications where dry materials are batch mixed, conveyed and processes. It offers high performance, a modular design, ease of service, and an optional bag-in, bag-out filter change out. Constructed from heavy-duty carbon steel to meet the demands of your application, this collector has unparalleled strength and life compared to the competition. Coupled with Gold Cone™ vertical cartridge technology, the GSX offers superior pulsing of high-loading dust while simultaneously utilizing the smallest floor space of any dust collector available today..
- Modular construction – easy to build and assemble in limitless sizes and configurations
- Tested to meet NFPA & ATEX standards
- Available with numerous explosion protection options
- Exceeds OSHA mandates for factory air quality
- Less pulsing of filter cartridges is necessary, so the filters last longer and require less changeouts
- Smaller footprints are possible because each unit handles more airflow
- Ships in as few pieces as possible for fast delivery
- Easy installation, operation and maintenance
- Built on 20 years of reliable field dust collection performance Gold Cone® X-Flo filter cartridge contains 375 square feet of media, offering the industry’s highest air-to-cloth ratio